- Case sales - any mix of 12 wines - freight free within australia
- Orders less than 12 bottles - shipping calculated at checkout
- Shipping to Greater Sydney 1-3 business days
- Other capital cities 3-8 business days
- Regional areas & international shipping please contact the winery for a delivery time-frame
2021 house of bricks grenache
The oldest vineyard we use at piggs peake is a Grenache vineyard planted in 1897 in McLaren Vale.
Grenache is a tricky beast to grow well. It has a tendency to get berries that are too big if it receives too much sun and water and then it makes washed out wines. Many people have had these light bodied pinotesque wines and have decided Grenache is not for them. However, if Grenache is grown properly and the correct berry size and ripeness is achieved, Grenache can be amazing.
The old vines we use are very consistent and have once again produced a very drinkable wine.
This Grenache has an elegant structure with a wonderfully aromatic nose courtesy of being fermented cold and then pressed into large old French oak barrels. We don’t give them long in oak, normally about 7 months. Just enough time that they come together and become harmonious.
Try this sort of wine with a gamey dish such as rare venison and look for cellaring in the medium term.
Out of stock