- Case sales - any mix of 12 wines - freight free
- Orders less than 12 bottles - shipping calculated at checkout
- Shipping to Greater Sydney 1-3 business days
- Other capital cities 3-8 business days
- Regional areas & international shipping please contact the winery for a delivery time-frame
2021 surly pig chardonnay
At Piggs Peake we make a wine we call the Hogshead Chardonnay. Its a big, ripe, rich style of Chardonnay made in new oak. But, thats not all we do…………
For those that like a tighter, leaner, less oaky style we also have the Surly Pig Chardonnay.
The Surly Pig is made from earlier picked Chardonnay grapes, ones that are still green, not golden and this results in the production of a lighter fresher style of wine. Some of the wine is aged in older French oak and some is kept on lees in stainless steel. The two are then blended prior to bottling in the desired ratios.
This wine can be drunk young or over a decade depending on how much development you seek in Chardonnay.