- Case sales - any mix of 12 wines - freight free
- Orders less than 12 bottles - shipping calculated at checkout
- Shipping to Greater Sydney 1-3 business days
- Other capital cities 3-8 business days
- Regional areas & international shipping please contact the winery for a delivery time-frame
piggsy tawny is a fortified red. basically, during the red wine making process brandy is introduced to kill the yeast resulting in a sweet, higher in alcohol than usual, red. the wine is then left in barrel to tawny up (so to speak).
after several years the red wine looses its vibrancy and fruit flavours are replaced by rancio characters such as caramel and nuts and the wine softens and mellows.
blending is then employed between the different batches to deliver a sweet, warming, mellow wine.